We are asking the Government to make five immediate changes to legislation to improve protection for women against pregnancy and maternity discrimination, and to increase access to justice where such discrimination occurs.
1) Increase the time limit to raise a tribunal claim from 3 months to (at least) 6 months for pregnant and postpartum women.
2) Require companies to report on how many flexible working requests are made and how many are granted.
3) Give fathers access to 6 weeks non-transferable paternity leave paid at 90% of salary.
4) Give the self employed access to statutory shared parental pay.
5) Subsidise childcare from 6 months old, rather than 3 years old.